Saturday, January 31, 2015

Go To Song

Who knew that you could fall in love with a song that literally has two lines?

Nobody To Love by Alex Newell has been on repeat ever since I discovered it on the New Music Tuesday playlist on Spotify. The beat is catchy and even though there aren't many lyrics, I'm singing along every time. With the music lecture this past week, I never knew that music can have that much of an effect on one person. Music is an avenue that a lot of people take to escape things, to express feelings, and to just remember moments they could go back to. Whether it's hearing the words, "...every time I'm down you can make it right, and that makes you larger than life..." where you are instantly taken back, or listening to the latest hits, "....your lips are movin'", music can take you anywhere and be that one thing you need. Nobody To Love has definitely been my go to song recently and will have me jammin' every single time, without fail. 

So, next time you have your windows rolled down and your looking for a new song... try this one. 


2 comments:

  1. This is actually so funny because earlier today I heard the song "Nobody to Love" by Sigma and really enjoyed it....so when I listened to this song I was like "wait, I recognize that...." I just did a little research and found that the Alex Newell version is a cover and that the Sigma one is the original. Not that it matters, they're both great! This one (the Alex Newell one) is a little more dance-y, but I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a cool song - Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete