Wednesday, February 4, 2015

#sharegoodness

Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and wanting to share my love for the gospel, social media has become one of the greatest blessings. I'm able to share the gospel with so many people everywhere. Last year I had started a Share Goodness photo project where I have taken members of the church and asked them to share their testimonies that I could post to Facebook. I wanted to contribute to this campaign that the members had created to be an outlet for people to discover the gospel.

This week for our ward family home evening I wanted to emphasize the importance of sharing the gospel through social media because of how accessible it is. I had everyone use posters reading, "I share the gospel by..." or "I love the gospel because..." and post pictures sharing their love for the gospel. Seeing the flood of pictures throughout my Facebook and Instagram feeds, I had the opportunity to see several people share the gospel with their friends and family. People see these things whether we realize it or not. People notice and you never know if this might be exactly what they needed.

Share Goodness Project
Returned missionary: Colin Bledsoe 
Washington D.C. North Mission 
"I find that I am truly happy when I am trying to live the teachings of Jesus Christ. Each day is an opportunity to be a little better. I know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves each of us. It takes time to build a foundation of faith, but I know that as I read the scriptures and strive to choose the right that I feel at peace and I know God loves me."
"Je ressens plus de bonheur quand j’essaie de mener une vie comme Jésus-Christ. Chaque jour est une occasion de m’améliorer. Je sais que nous avons tous un Père Céleste qui nous aime. Il faut du temps pour bâtir une fondation de foi, mais aussi, je sais que quand je lis les écritures et que j’essaie de faire le bien, je ressens la paix et l’amour que Dieu a pour moi." #sharegoodness
























I love the gospel because my ward is a family.. #sharegoodness #iamamormon
















No comments:

Post a Comment