Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Photos are timeless

One of my favorite things in the world? Black and white photography. I don't know what it is about it, but it gives me an appreciation for photography and how far it has come. Recently I have been planning a trip to San Francisco and I happened to come across a couple of black and white photos of old San Fran. They not only make me want to go back in time, but I want to be able to create something like that.

For a while I've developed my photography and it has become my escape. But, for a while I also lost that love. I felt like it wasn't really going to get me anywhere, but I realized it was something that I love and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Believe it or not, it's photos like these that spark my imagination and help me to remember why I love it so much.

"We take photos as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone." -Anonymous

     

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome you love photography! I love taking pictures of places I've been - it helps keep the memories alive. :) Have fun in San Francisco - that is such a beautiful and fun city!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these pictures your own?! They are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful photos! And I love your final quote! There's just something about photos that really helps you to relive those moments from the past, especially those you don't want to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that along with our memories pictures are really all we have left of the moments from yesterday. Beautiful! And black and white always add a timeless classic feel.

    ReplyDelete