Who knew that watching the next recommended YouTube video could lead you to having a completely different outlook. Whether it be through magazines announcing the next Bachelor wedding or the commercial that has you wondering why there is a necessity to have every color imaginable to apply to your lips, girls always find themselves wanting to look like the "perfect" girl on the cover of the next issue of Cosmopolitan. Through these different avenues, it's easy for girls and boys to develop a low self-esteem because of what they see. But, every once in a while you find a needle in the haystack.
Dove recently came out with a commercial where they took girls of all ages and asked them about their naturally curly hair. Many of them just wanted it gone. Out with the curly and in with the straight. Being someone with natural curl herself, I could relate. Trust me, it's not easy. But, Dove challenged family and friends to help the girls embrace their curl and #loveyourcurls. This commercial not only made me love the fact that I have my curls, but I realized that commercials can influence you in a positive way. A way that creates a better you.
#loveyourcurls
I just saw this on facebook and I loved it! I can 100% relate to the fact that I have literally wanted to pull my curly hair out on occasion; it gets so annoying! I love that Dove filmed a commercial that I could relate to, which gave an inspiring message to those who struggle with crazy hair!
ReplyDeleteI love the Dove commercials like this! They definitely help boost someones self-confidence and self-esteem. I also really like how you can actually relate to them. Instead of having models in their commercials, they choose to have real, everyday people. It's so refreshing!
ReplyDeleteI have naturally straight hair. And by straight I do mean S-T-R-A-I-G-H-T! It can hardly hold a curl, and all growing up I always wanted curly hair. I literally idolized Annie and her curls! I feel like the oft said phrase, "the grass is always greener on the other side" would be applicable here. I love that Dove encourages women to be comfortable with who they are and how they look, we are all beautiful how God created us :) Reminds me of the book "You are Special" by Max Lucado, have you ever read that one? I recommend it!
ReplyDeleteOk, to be honest.... I may have gotten a little teary eyed at that commercial. I am such a sucker for emotional/family things. This is a great commercial by Dove. Love it. :)
ReplyDelete