I was almost guilty of just that before I clicked on a link to a video that was recently made by Sam Smith and John Legend to support Red Nose Day which is a Comic Relief group that raise funds in order to support projects that are created to change the lives of those at home, the UK, and across Africa. This is a great cause and I love seeing celebrities come together and are able to raise awareness on causes such as these.
We may not have the funds ourselves to be able to donate to certain organizations, but the least we can do is give some attention to the issues taking place and raise awareness of them, because believe it or not, some people don't realize the problems that other countries may be facing. I've seen how much of a role media plays in our lives and how much we can use it to spread the word and create a stance where people are sharing for good.
love this thanks for posting!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am super guilty of just browsing through content. I actually realized the importance and difference of really "liking" something. I walked by the library and the Freshman Mentoring club was giving out cookies and hot cocoa if people liked them on Facebook. I was walking with Chad and made the comment, "What happened to just liking things and not counting clicking a button in Facebook?" the media can start desensitize us to what it means to be sincere and human. Don't let it!
ReplyDelete